Saturday, January 10, 2009

"The meadow mouse has slept in his snug gallery in the sod, the owl has sat in a hollow tree in the depth of the swamp, the rabbit, the squirrel, and the fox have all been housed. The watch-dog has lain quiet on the hearth, and the cattle have stood silent in their stalls. The earth itself has slept... But while the earth has slumbered, all the air has been alive with feathery flakes descending, as if some northern Ceres reigned, showering her silvery grain over all the fields." -Henry David Thoreau from A Winter Walk

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mara,

    I was touched by your comment on my blog, but so very sorry to read about your daughter Laura. I have already been inspired by the few posts I have read on Laura Stiles a gentle spirit, and I look forward to following it.

    Thank you for sharing.
    Laurel Fraher

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, I love the china pattern and the tile. I hope you are staying warm....or skating and drinking cocoa! Thinking of you all often, God Bless, Love, Ellen and the kids.
    http://www.caringbridge.org/ma/seanhanson

    ReplyDelete