Friday, June 19, 2009

Omakase



About a year ago, I heard about a Japanese word with a concept behind it that I thought could be the theme of something to say to Laura's class as they graduated from Rockaway Valley School. The thought stayed with me and in recent weeks "pen went to paper" and it came together. I showed Dr. Humphrey my draft and she supported it (thank you Dr. Humphrey!) Last night was the RVS graduation and I did manage to keep my composure and present it. To share with you now, please click here to go to today's Caringbridge entry for the text of "Omakase."

Congratulations to all the students of RVS class of 2009 with special congratulations to the recipients of the 2009 Laura Stiles Principal's Award!

Photos: Laura in the Japanese garden at EPCOT; the 2009 recipients of the Laura Stiles Principal's Award.

1 comment:

  1. Mara - that was a beautiful speech you gave to RVS. I am sure Laura was in the room, and was proud of you.

    ReplyDelete